Monday, June 24, 2013

Chapter 1.1 RATES

Welcome to the BLOG.  This is your daily check in place to be.  
It was such a pleasure meeting many of your parents on Open House on Tuesday!  I tried to explain about the FLIPPED CLASSROOM in Math, and I hope that you can all help out with that also.  I believe that this will be a dynamite year and that each and everyone of you will move mountains in Math.  
I will be posting some daily thoughts and reflections on the blog as the year progresses along, but I will need you folks to help make this blog a focal point and jazz it up!! No more boring blogs!
SO... I thought I was so fantastic and organized by getting business cards out to peeps with contact information, only to figure out that the blog info is WRONG- It should be mrsmathatee.blogspot.com!
Several parents got the business cards, so please help me correct the info for them. Oh well, nice try....

Today's lessons will be on RATES and UNIT RATES.


Example of RATE: 52 pages  
                              2 minutes

Example of UNIT RATE:  26 pages 
                                         1 minute

How are Rate and Unit Rate alike and different?



Homework for the night:  Watch the following Videos as many times as needed.
Feel free to comment or ask questions in the comments.  You may want to take notes.




Always think Math,
Mrs McAtee

3 comments: